Benton Makerspace will be open Monday from 9 am - 12 pm and 2 pm - 5 pm, Tuesday from 9 am - 12 pm, Thursday from 2 pm to 5 pm, plus the second Saturday of the month from 9 am - 12 pm. Bryant's open hours are Tuesday from 9 am - 12 pm and Thursday from 2 pm - 5 pm.
Remember this is a shared creative space. Be mindful and respectful of all other patrons and library staff when in Makerspace.
Grown-ups are to actively assist and supervise all children under 15 in their care. Children under 15 are not to be left in Makerspace at any time without their grown-up.
Limit of TWO crafts per person, per day. This is to ensure we have supplies AND space for everyone!
Clean up after yourself and put all things back where they belong before leaving or beginning a new project.
What IS Makerspace?
Here at Saline County Library, Makerspace – in conjunction with our Library of Things – fully encompasses the idea that "We Are More." We are "rewriting tradition" by providing our community with tools, materials, and invaluable educational experiences with which they normally would not interact.
What is IN Makerspace?
Makerspace equipment available for patrons to use includes:
- general art supplies (pastels, colored pencils, crayons, markers, scissors, hot glue guns, etc.)
- acrylic, tempura, and watercolor paint supplies
- 3D printer (available only by appointment)
- 3D printing pens
- computer with Adobe Creative Suite software
- photo printer
- HD video camera + audio equipment
- green screen
- sewing machines
- die cut machine + variety of dies
- fiber art supplies (knitting, crocheting, embroidery, macrame)
- table loom
- jewelry-making supplies
- leather-working supplies
- wood-burning supplies
- laser engraver (available only by appointment)
- vinyl cutting machine
- heat press machine
- polymer clay supplies
- Perler bead supplies
- heat foiling pens + supplies
- Shrinky Dink supplies
- scrapbook, origami, and quilling paper supplies
- comb binding machine + book-binding supplies
- guillotine paper cutter
- light tables
- label maker
- small thermal laminator
- grommet tools
- building toys (Legos, Picasso tiles)
- soldering tools